9 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 bathrooms
Experience Tuscany in a truly authentic way at Il Tosco. Owned by the same noble family for centuries, this well-preserved historic residence still has a host of original furniture and architectural detail. After a thoughtful renovation to luxury standards, this vacation rental is an incredible mix of the heirloom and modern, all in the medieval heart of Montepulciano.
You’ll be welcomed to Il Tosco with a basket of wine, juice and homemade cantucci, or almond cookies. Start each morning of your holiday with a cup from the espresso machine, finish with a glass from the wine fridge, and, in between, enjoy amenities like a TV, sound system and Wi-Fi.
The villa is a private retreat bursting with charm and character. Step through its richly paneled wooden doors and into beautifully restored interiors with classic cotto floors, beamed ceilings and antique accent pieces. But there are playful touches of modern decor as well, from the Lucite table in the living room and space-age chandelier in the stately dining room to the state-of-the-art appliances in the fully equipped kitchen.
Named for Italian poets and composers, the four bedrooms at Il Tosco will impress with en-suite bathrooms and details like ceiling frescoes, vintage family portraits and marble-topped vanities. There are two bedrooms with king beds, including a stunning master suite with a jetted tub, and two with queen beds.
Tucked into the historic center of the hilltop town of Montepulciano, Il Tosco is the perfect base from which to delve into Tuscany’s culture and cuisine. Nearby sights include the elegant Chiesa di San Biagio church, the Porta al Prato gate, which heralds the start of the town’s main street, and the inviting Giardino di Poggiofanti park. Stroll the town’s winding streets, stopping off for honeymoon-worthy dinners or samples of local wine, or drive through the countryside to the great cities of Tuscany and Umbria, from Siena to Perugia.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Dante: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Jetted Tub, Television, Air conditioning, Safe
- Poliziano: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Air conditioning, Safe
- Puccini: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Air conditioning, Safe
- Verdi: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Air conditioning, Safe
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- Wine fridge
- Sound System
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily Housekeeping (2 hours per day)
- Juice and homemade biscuits upon arrival
- Welcome basket including a bottle of wine and homemade cantucci
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Continental breakfast
- Personal tour guide
- Personal shopper
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Wine tasting led by a sommelier
- Cooking classes
- Additional bedding
Points of Interest
- 6 minute drive to Chiesa di San Biagio
- 5 minute drive to Italian language School Il Sasso
- 8 minute drive to Porta al Prato
- 7 minute drive to Giardino di Poggiofanti
- 116 km to Castiglione della Pescaia
- 130 km to Florence Airport (FLR)
- 191 km to Pisa International Airport (PSA)
Enter dates and number of guests to see the total trip price. Tourism taxes may be added.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.