Garden villa amid historic estate's mahogany forest
6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 4 bathrooms
Past meets present in a one-of-a-kind setting at Porters Great House Cottage. Tucked amid the lush gardens and mahogany forest of the centuries-old Porters estate near the west coast of Barbados, this vacation rental is the perfect marriage of traditional island style and modern luxury. Its three bedrooms are spacious enough for a holiday with friends and family—yet intimate enough for a Caribbean honeymoon if you choose.
After following a winding drive through the forest, you’ll arrive on the private cottage grounds, which feature a swimming pool, al-fresco living and dining areas, and an outdoor wet bar. There’s also a smart TV, Wi-Fi and exercise equipment inside. Your stay even includes the services of a cook and housekeeper.
The cottage has both an original coral-stone exterior and a modern wing inspired by the charm of the older one, all filled with stylish pieces. The living spaces are arranged in a line and flow from one to the next, with the living room and fully equipped kitchen at either end, and a dining room that opens to a lily pond in the garden in the middle.
The villa has one master bedroom with a king bed and two guest bedrooms with two twin beds each, which can be combined to form king beds if desired. All three bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning.
From Porters Great House Cottage, it’s a short walk or drive to some of the best beaches and golf courses in the St. James area of the island. The closest beach is Colony Club, just 5 minutes away on foot, and the postcard-perfect stretches of both Sandy Lane and Paynes Bay beaches are less than 10 minutes away by car. If you’re keen to tee off, you’ll appreciate that both the Old Nine and Green Monkey courses at Sandy Lane are also less than a 10-minute drive from the cottage.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning, Safe
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds (Can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Walk-in closet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (Can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Walk-in closet, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Nespresso machine
- Ice maker
- Smart television
- Cable television
- Exercise equipment
- Air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Security system
- Swimming pool - not heated
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Outdoor living area
- Wet bar
- Sun loungers
- 2-Car parking
STAFF & SERVICES
- Cook (Food and beverage at extra cost)
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of interest
- 5 minute drive to Holetown
- 7 minute drive to Apes Hill Polo Club
- 8 minute drive to Sandy Lane - Old Nine Golf Course
- 9 minute drive to Sandy Lane - Green Monkey Golf Course
- 7.3 km to Speighstown
- 13 km to Bridgetown
- 5 minute walk to Colony Club Beach
- 6 minute drive to Sandy Lane Beach
- 7 minute drive to Paynes Bay Beach
- 28 km to Grantley Adams International Airport (BGI)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
Bar with built-in sink
+ 4 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.