How emails are anonymised for sharing
For everyone’s security, you should always communicate through Airbnb. We keep your info secure, and we never share your email, even with your Host or guest after you have a confirmed reservation. If anyone sends you a message on Airbnb, you’ll get an email notification at the address you used to sign up.
Limited email alias feature
If you’re a Host using software that isn’t integrated with Airbnb messaging, or you need to send attachments that messaging doesn’t support, you can create an anonymized email using your Professional hosting tools.
These addresses let you send emails like you normally would, but with an extra layer of security. Any email sent to a temporary Airbnb address is forwarded to the associated personal email address. This lets you use your email provider to send or reply to messages, attach files (up to 15 MB), and include links.
An anonymized email address might look like:
- Personal email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temporary Airbnb address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- How-to•GuestHelp secure your accountExplore different ways of keeping your info safe through multi-factor authentication, password strength, and more.
- How-to•GuestEdit your account settingsYou can edit your account settings, as well as some information on your public profile, from your Account section.
- How-to•GuestChanging your email addressYou can change or add an email address in your profile.