Cancelling during your stay
If anything unexpected comes up during your stay, we recommend messaging your Host to discuss a solution first. It’s likely that they’ll help you fix it right away. If you’d like to request a refund or cancel your reservation, we can help you start a request with your Host.
Message your Host
Generally it’s a good idea to try talking to your Host first. You can message your Host directly from your inbox to discuss a solution. If you come to an agreement with your Host on a resolution, there’s a higher chance your request will be approved. If your issue has already been fixed by your Host and you can continue your stay, then skip the following steps.
Start a request within 24 hours
If you still need to cancel your reservation during your stay, we can help you start a request to resolve the issue with your Host. When you do this, you can choose to ask your Host to fix the problem, request a partial refund, or request to cancel your reservation for a full refund. If they accept your request, your refund will be sent to the payment method you used when you booked the reservation. If your Host declines or doesn't respond, you can ask Airbnb to step in to help.
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or videos to document issues like a missing or broken amenity.
- Submit a request to your Host: you’ll describe the issue, provide photos if you can, and let the Host know how you’d like to resolve it. It’s important to get help within 24 hours of noticing the issue. Otherwise, your refund amount might be affected.
- Wait for their response: If they decline or don’t respond in 1 hour, you can ask Airbnb to step in to help. Airbnb will refer to the Guest Refund Policy to help you resolve the issue.
- How-to•GuestWhat to do if the place you're staying in isn’t clean at check-inIf you find that the place you’re staying in isn’t clean, we'll help you get the issue fixed.
- How-to•GuestIf your Host cancels your reservationIf your reservation is cancelled by your Host, we'll automatically give you a full refund.
- Community policy•GuestExtenuating Circumstances PolicyFind details on how cancellations are handled when unforeseen events beyond your control arise after booking and make it impracticable or il…