About this listing
Small bungalow nestled in Australian bush on rustic 4 acre property. Retreat from the hustle and bustle. 5 minute drive to Lorne beach and main street. Good place to chillax.
A 50m lit path will guide you from the driveway to the shack:
- double bed
- wood fire (some wood provided, but you may also like to bring a bag of wood)
- board games
- linen provided (towels & bedding)
- separate shower/laundry/toilet block
The shack has some basic kitchen stuff; fine for preparing light meals, but not a full kitchen. For main meals we recommend checking out the variety of restaurants & cafes in town.
Kitchen basics in the shack include:
- Sink/small bench top
- Sandwich press
- Selection of teas
- A few dishes
- Fire pit for BBQ (weather permitting)
- Outdoor fridge at the main house (or BYO an eski & ice to have down at the shack with you).
GPSs are not reliable for accessing our property. Directions are provided via Airbnb after booking confirmed. We also message directions to guests a couple days prior to checkin. Car essential.
Interaction with guests
My husband and I live in the main house. We greet you on your arrival, show you around and may see you from time to time as you come and go. If you need help with anything please don't hesitate to ask.
Other things to note
- 1km gravel road leading to property.
- Our neighbour sometimes starts his truck early in the morning to depart for work, which you can hear from the bungalow.
- Be careful of kangaroos when driving to the property (particularly on dark).
- The shack does not have black-out curtains, you will get natural morning light.
- Property is on tank water. We appreciate if people can use water wisely.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
My husband and I are active people. We cycle, surf and enjoy local walking tracks. Please feel free to ask us if you have any questions about the local area. Our travel usually involves visiting my family in Canada or visiting surf destinations in NSW, Bali and Fiji. We often stay in AirBnb homes when we travel and really enjoy the AirBnb experience and the people we have met. We live simply, our home is eclectic and bohemian.