Our place is located just 10 minutes by car from Siena (highway) in the enchanting medieval village of TORRI. In the top of the hill that dominates the village is located the prehistoric installation (Neolithic) of SIENA VECCHIA from which our site takes his name. Afterwards this place gave hospitality to the Etruscan people, to the Celts and to the Gauls Senoni. OUR GUESTS CAN IN ANY MOMENT GO TO THE ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN LOCATED JUST A FEW STEPS FROM THE HOUSE AND PICK WHAT THE NATURE OFFERS. Every day, from the chicken and the ducks that scratch free in our field, FRESH EGGS ARE AVAILABLE.We sell organic extravirgin olive oil from our olive trees and a free taste of our oil is a welcome gift. We are part of a circuit of preservers of ancient seeds (rural civilization). ALL ANIMALS ARE WELCOME. Approximately 1 km from the houses: supermarket, pharmacy, bancomat, bus service to Siena, post office, first-aid station, ecc….
From Torri and from the windows of the apartments the look can range 'til the city of Siena and further. The building is very ancient and has been entirely restorated according to the principles of the BIO-BUILDING to offer an healthy and pleasant microclimate. All the apartments are furnished with all the comforts, TV, free internet connection, private parking and furnished garden.
APARTMENT "LA PERGOLA"("THE BOWER"): (2+1) the apartment, romantic and reserved, is suited for couples or families with one child. Under the bower of pink wistaria there is a lovely table for two.
We are always present and at your disposal to give you, if requested, suggestions and indications. One peculiarity of our structure is the possible free use of our organic vegetable garden. Our holiday house is located in a strategic point from which it's possible to reach the sea in just one hour by car. Here are our proposals:
- Baths in the natural swimming pools of the rivers Farma and Merse
- Guided excursions on booking to the naturalistic oasis of the area and of the Montagnola Senese (the excursions with specialized guide are on payment)
- Visit to the places nearby the village of Torri: Castiglion che Dio sol sa, place from which begins the path of the ancient mills –Course of 'Pia de' Tolomei' and hermitage of Santa Lucia - Avenues of Stigliano
- Horse rides ( Horse centre of Val di Merse just a few kilometres from Torri)
- Trakking on mountain bikes ( Rosia bike )
- International golf a few kilometres from Torri ( La Bagnaia )
- Wellness treatments, thermal baths, massages, beauty and health at 15 minutes by car ( Spa Antica Querciolaia in Rapolano, thermal baths of Petriolo, ecc. )
- Oenogastronomic tours ( APT Siena )
- Ethnographic Museum of the woods and of the métayage of Orgia, Etruscan museum of Murlo, ecc. (see fondazione musei senesi )
- Visit to the Mercatale where local food products are sold and other markets and fairs of Siena and surroundings ( APT Siena )
- Excursions to places nearby and not, of particular historical/artistic interest : Siena - San Galgano at 15 Km. - Eremo (hermitage) of Lecceto - Monteriggioni - Castle of Celsa - Castle of Montarrenti - Cetinale - Certosa of Maggiano - Le Crete Senesi - Monte Oliveto Maggiore - The hills of Chianti - Pienza - Montalcino and Sant' Antimo - Bagno Vignoni - San Gimignano and Volterra