A real quiet 'retreat' with garden on the banks of the river Armancon. 2 mins from the medieval town centre with restaurants, cafés and bakery for your morning croissant.
Perfect for outdoor living : WiFi, Terrace, BBQ.
Nestled beneath the ramparts of the medieval town of Semur en Auxois, this former fisherman’s cottage has been completely restored in 2010 with style by Patricia and local craftsman.
Oak, local stone & family antiques add to the character and charm of this ‘petite maison’.
Once you walk through the little red garden gate, the ‘petite maison’ and its setting capture your imagination with breath taking views of the river and beyond.
This very special garden, enclosed by a stone walled on one side and the river on the other, the leafy green garden and the river carry you away to a world of your own.
Perfect romantic getaway.
Great for relaxing and be away from it all.
WiFi connection!.. so you are not completely disconnected!
Patricia warmly welcomes you.
Small house but very practical
- open plan kitchen dining and living area
- separate shower room and toilet
- riverside terrace with table and chairs
- cosy loft double bedroom accessed by a sturdy handcrafted oak loft ladder
- Hanging space and
- well insulated and suitable for winter breaks
- small house but very practical
- enclosed garden with wisteria and old roses
- herb garden at your disposal for cooking
- Wifi, radio, hair dryer
- Induction cooking hob, microwave /grill oven, food blender, fully equipped kitchen
- BBQ, Dutch Oven for outdoor cooking
- Well insulated - electric heating – electric fan
- Cards and books.
- Parking space at the door
Interaction with guests
I live close by and you're welcome for a drink to talk about the area.
English classes/French classes available at additional cost
Not suitable for children due to the unprotected river bank.
No smoking inside the house please.