About this listing
The best revenge for hard work is harder relaxation. And the ideal getaway for this is The Retreat, a luxurious and scenic waterfront property where you and your guests are encouraged to relax, reward, and pamper yourselves in splendor. Nestled atop a bluff between Chicago and Milwaukee is a completely renovated 2-story, 5 bedroom/4 full bathroom, 4000 sq. ft. home on a ½ acre of land and 150' of pure unobstructed Lake Michigan tranquility. Let the endless sunrise greet you to your wake-up call and Orion and Cassiopeia entertain you from above at night. You will never get tired of listening to the waves crashing in or gazing at the moon shimmering upon the vastness of the lake. This splendid retreat is ideal for family, business, or social gatherings. It comfortably sleeps 12 people and features the following:
- Chef's kitchen with Subzero, Viking, and Wolf appliances including a wine cooler.
- Outdoor hot tub for up to 6-7 people (will not be in use during winter months).
- 2 fire pits: main fire pit sits 15+ and 2nd fire pit for patio area.
- 9' professional pool table, ping pong table, and dart board.
- Workout area featuring a universal weight machine and treadmill.
- Gas bbq grill .
- 4 fireplaces (1 wood in living room & 3 gas).
- Volleyball/Golf/Badminton net during Summer season (balls, clubs, and rackets supplied).
- Basketball net.
- Bluetooth stereo docking system.
- 2 separate Patio areas.
- Fishing (temporary fishing permit required).
- Stairway leading to lake.
- Spacious Jacuzzi overlooking lake.
- All mattresses and bed pillows protected with anti-dust mite sheets & covers.
The retreat is located near the following sites:
- 5 minutes to golf course, public beach, Forest Preserve, and park with 3 playgrounds.
- 15 minutes to Racine & Kenosha Art museum and downtown area- 10 minutes to shopping centers.
- 20 minutes to Recplex water park for boating, canoeing, swimming, etc.
- 45 minutes to downtown Milwaukee, Lake Geneva, Key Lime Cove water park and Great America.
- 60 minutes to Chicago.
Off-season rates (Jan-March) start at:
Weekend: $1050 for up to 3 nights.
A modest $250 cleaning/laundry fee is required.
Sorry no pets allowed. I used to allow pets but it just didn't work out.
*CAVEAT: For the respect of my neighbors, this house cannot be used for loud outdoor events, wild parties, or weddings. The outdoor city noise ordinance is from sunset until 6 AM. All occupants must keep outdoor noise level and activities to a minimum during these hours. Use of outdoor hot tub is not permitted after sunset and large fire pit is not permitted after 11 PM.
Keywords: Lakefront/waterfront retreat/getaway/lake Michigan/lake.
Guests will be provided with keypad code prior to arrival.
Other things to note
Entry is via keypad code.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.