Charming studio with backyard balcony in the heart of Queens Village / Society Hill (near trendy South Street, all historic sites, City Center, Convention Center, etc!). Lots of historical charm, plus tons of restaurants, shops, and night life around.
First time Airbnb users signup with www.airbnb.com/c/rshapiro8 and get $35 off your first stay. $20 Off on Uber with promo code: B4BAQ
Checkout my other amazing listings:
- CHECKOUT MY GUIDEBOOK!
- Easy Checkin / Out with zero meeting or key exchange required!
- Private Transportation (Discounted): Private car services are available through STS Limos of Philadelphia for airport / train-station transfers, point to point travel, and by the hour. Its the most convenient way to go (especially for a group) and not much more than a taxi! Use promo code rich10% on their site. Just (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) them.
This is a renovated studio with full bath and kitchen on the second floor of a 100 year old brick townhouse in the historical Old City / Center City neighborhood. The bed is a Queen size with Memory Foam mattress. There is also a single rollaway bed for that extra person. Close to all attractions, is available for a single or couple. We're just 3 beautiful blocks from lively South Street and easy access to major expressways. Neighborhood has over 100 outstanding restaurants and coffee shops of all descriptions within walking distance. Historical area and river nearby - 10 min walk. Convention center 20-25 min walk (bus stop nearby, taxi also easy to get). 5 minute walk from historic Colonial area (Society Hill). Convenient city bus stops provide access to all parts of the city although one can walk everywhere in Center City. Pay parking lots all close-by with free street parking available during the day and all night.
South Street is packed with interesting shops of all varieties, places to grab a fast bite or a fine meal. The neighborhood has numerous restaurants (over 100 within walking distance and 7 within one block). The famous Italian Market is on 9th Street.
Generally you can walk everywhere. If you like to ride; the #12, 17, 33, and 57 bus lines are nearby and go throughout the city. Service is frequent especially around rush hour. Its a fast way to get to Market Street, where you can connect with the Market Street subway or bus lines. Taxis are another way to get around easily - they will come to the house if called or you can hail one on the street. Walking distance to Market Street, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, and Constitution Center are just 15 minutes, the Delaware River/ Penn's Landing area 10-15 minutes, Italian Market 10 minutes, Convention Center 20-25 minutes walk. Pennsylvania Hospital just 5 minutes (8th and Pine), beautiful Society Hill (Historic colonial area) 10 minutes. Broad Street and Avenue of the Arts - Theatre District (Kimmel Center, Academy of the Arts, Curtis, etc.) are just 7 blocks away - about 10-15 min walk. Art Museum, Mutter Museum, Rodin and Barnes Foundation, Franklin Institute, and Stadiums are a quick 10 minute drive.
Pets: Welcome (especially dogs!). Please just let us know because we need to charge for a slightly higher cleaning fee to protect any future guests with allergies, etc.
Smokers - the house is non-smoking.
Interaction with guests
As much or little as guests like. Check in and out is simple with no meet up or key-exchange required.
Other things to note
Private Transportation (Discounted): Private car services are available through a partner affiliate for airport / train-station transfers, point to point travel, and by the hour. They will even undercut any other quote you get by 10%. Just go directly to (URL HIDDEN) to make a reservation or call: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Use Promo Code: "Rich10%".
1. This is a quiet private building, please keep it that way. (ie. No Loud Parties)
2. Please cleanup any dishes or messes before leaving.
3. Checkout time is a strict 10am. The cleaners arrive by 11am so please let us know prior to your arrival if you need a place to store your belongings after this time. Cleaners charge $50/hr if kept waiting which will be taken from deposit if guest doesn't checkout on time.
4. No Smoking Inside OR directly outside the front-door (the neighbors will complain so please go for a nice stroll).
5. Refund Policy is "Strict" on this listing which means we can only offer a 50% refund (except fees) up to 1 week prior to your reservation. There are no refunds for cancellations within a week of arrival. We highly recommend Travel Insurance for anyone who might have last-minute issues traveling.
This host has 470 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
From Philadelphia originally but was a pilot in the military for the last 11 years. Now I'm an entrepreneur and moonlight as an airbnb host. My girlfriend Emily was raised overseas and is a professional scuba diver and aspiring veterinarian. We both Love to travel and have been to over 30 countries. We love to get the local feel when we do travel so Airbnb has been great. Although, we have slept in some really random places where we wished there was an Airbnb listing! Things we can't live without: TRAVEL and Chocolate!