Clean, bright and airy, nicely furnished BEDROOM with adjacent BATHROOM. Comfortably sleeps 2.
Centrally located on a quiet residential street, close to buses, metro and freeway access.
Please check "Just Like Home #1" if you need another room.
Very nice fully furnished BEDROOM with mini fridge, freezer and microwave in our home.
We have a 4-bedroom, 2-bath house. We dedicate 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom to our guests from the US and around the world.
Guest quarters are located on one side of the house, we live on the other side. The 2 sides are separated by a large open floor plan area that houses the kitchen, dining room and living room.
The 2 guest bedrooms are seldom rented at the same time so chances are you will not even have to share the bathroom. Although each room comfortably sleeps 2 people, they are most often occupied by a single guest so the house remains quiet and doesn’t feel crowded.
Our guest bedrooms have just been renovated. They are bright, airy, comfortable and nicely decorated and furnished. We keep them clean and welcoming. They all have a queen size bed, a large closet where you can store your luggage and hang your clothes, a chest with 4 large drawers, a desk with a chair.
Each bedroom has its own mini-fridge and freezer and a micro-wave oven.
A ceiling fan will keep you cool during the summer months and central heating warm in the winter.
The nicely tiled bathroom has been recently redone and has a tub.
We provide all the linen.
If you wish to rent the 2 bedrooms at the same time, you will need to initiate 2 separate requests on this site. Just look for our sister bedroom’s ad: "Just Like Home #1". You can also rent our sister apartment that sleeps 4 and save money: "Just Like Home".
Our guests have the full run of the house except our and our son’s bedroom and our bathroom.
You have access to the kitchen, the dining room and the laundry area. We also have a side patio for you to relax.
You will be given a set of keys and you are free to come and go as you please. There is no curfew. We just ask you to be respectful of the other occupants if you come back in the middle of the night.
The few “common sense” house rules we have are also designed to ensure the safety, comfort, and peace and quiet of all residents.
Our house sits on a large lot with a front yard. Behind the house we have a couple of rental apartments (of which “Just Like Home” that can also be rented trough this website) so you may bump into our long-term tenants on our property.
Our gated lot is surrounded by a 7-foot wall to ensure privacy and safety.
Interaction with guests
We are quiet friendly and welcoming people, French and American, with a 10-year old kid who keeps us busy and a small obedient dog.
With over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, we strive to provide our guests with the best service and make your stay as enjoyable as possible while keeping our rates low.
Rates indicated on this site are degressive as soon as you stay at least a week with us. No need to ask for a discount, it is automatic. Guests will be left to their own devices but we are more than happy to engage in conversations and help when asked a question about the city.
Other things to note
If you come by car, you will be able to park on our street in front of the house. There is always plenty of space and parking is totally FREE.
CHECK-IN & CHECKOUT
We are flexible regarding your check-in time. However if the room was rented the night before your arrival, check-in will be after 2:00 pm.
Also understand that we cannot wait for you all night, so if you were to arrive after 10:00 pm we will charge you an extra fee of $20 and $40 after 12:00 am. The fee is payable cash upon arrival.
Checkout time is 11:00 am.
We have a few "common sense" rules that help guarantee the peace, quiet and comfort of all residents in the house:
• NOISE. When talking or listening to music in your room, please keep the volume down so as not to disturb the other residents.
• SAFETY. Please close and lock all the windows in your bedroom when you leave. Also lock both screen door and entrance door.
• WASHING-DRYING. Guests staying at least 1 week (7 nights) may use the washer and dryer. For the peace and quiet of all residents, please do not use the machines before 10:00 am and after 6:00 pm.
• WATER SAVING. As California suffers from droughts, please only wash clothes when you have full loads. Help us save water also by shortening your showers.
• KITCHEN. If you use the kitchen, please wash your dishes as you go or place them in the dishwasher. You are welcome to eat in your room but please do not throw or leave food leftovers, open soda cans and dirty dishes or glasses in your room as it will attract ants. Please no cooking after 9:00 pm.
• FRIDGE/MICROWAVE. Please use the microwave plate cover each time you use the microwave. Upon departure you must leave the fridge and microwave clean or part of your security deposit will be withheld.
• CLEANING. Thank you for leaving your room in the same state of cleanliness on the day you depart. Also, after each use, please leave the bathroom clean for other guests.
• CHECKOUT. Checkout time is 11:00 am. If you are to leave earlier, please let us know in advance.
• DOG. Our dog’s name is Flash. We try to teach him neither to jump nor to beg for food. Please do not encourage him when he does. And please do not ever feed him.
• SMOKING. Please use the front yard only if you wish to smoke. Smoking in the house or on the side patio is strictly forbidden.
• PATIO. Unless the door is closed, you may use the area on the side of the house to relax, sun tan or eat until 7:00 pm. Please do not leave any belongings outside.
• FOOD & WATER. You are responsible for your own food and water. Please do not use the water fountain in the kitchen.
• GUESTS. Sorry we do not allow guests.
Sorry but we do not accept pets.