Situated on one of the worlds most beautiful inland lakes, a 1927 Original Log Cabin. Rustic feel with lots of charm. Everyone that visits falls in love with our cozy cabin. It sits on a nice deep lot in the pines and there is dirt road that runs over to Birch Lodge. Perfect setting for families with kids to ride bikes and have room to play. The ice cream truck even visits during summer. Our neighbors are friendly and down to earth. Nice deck overlooking the lake and fire pit lakeside.
Location is close to Lyon Township Hall and Library, Silver Dollar Bar, Westside party store and St. Hubert's Catholic Church. Within 1.5 hour driving distance you can head to Traverse City area or Mackinaw City. A little closer, you can head to Grayling, Houghton Lake or Roscommon for groceries, restaurants, movies, etc. Hartwick Pines State Park can be found East of Grayling. There are bike trails, ORV trails and a new bike trail near the North State Park. The best part is getting out and enjoying the beautiful Higgins Lake. B and B Marina has boat rentals, kayaks, wave runners, sailboats, paddle boards and even yoga on the boards.
The listing shows 2 bedrooms and a loft. One bedroom is located off the living room and the stairs to the loft are located in this room. If you have guests staying in the loft, they will need to access this room. Also, the 2nd bedroom is located in the back next to the bathroom. This is not a typical bedroom - there is no door, but rather a curtain divider. It does not offer the same privacy as having a hard closable door would.
Please let me know any questions you have, I want you to be comfortable and enjoy your stay in our 1927 log cabin.
- Dock with platform at the end for chairs. No diving off dock as water is very shallow.
- 2 beach chairs
- Plastic chairs for campfire. Please pack fabric folding chairs if you want something more comfortable.
- 2 heavy floating noodles
- No access to pole barn on property. Owner reserves right to access pole barn during guest stay.
Interaction with guests
Available by phone, email or text. I am here to answer any questions and want your stay to be enjoyable. I also have a caretaker that will be able to answer your questions and address any issues during your stay. His name is Mike and he is available by phone or text. He lives very close and is responsive to questions you may have. We would like to touch base after the booking and again 24 hours before your check-in to make sure you are all set. After that, enjoy your stay!
Other things to note
There is a round patio table with umbrella and six swivel chairs to enjoy out on the patio.
There is gas grill near the deck.
There is an overnight boat mooring tie-down in the water near the dock. Guests can use this for their boat or jet ski. There are no tie downs located on the dock.
The beach front has a small cement retaining wall with sand on the water side. You would not be able to pull a boat or jet ski up on the beach due to this wall.
- No diving off the dock. The water is very shallow and we don't want anyone to get hurt.
- Be courteous to neighbors and do not play loud music or make loud sounds after 11pm.
- Max of 6 guests allowed to stay in or on property as part of rental agreement.
- Max of 10 guests allowed at cabin including those staying as part of the rental agreement. Feel free to have friends or family visit, but no extra people can stay overnight in the cabin or on the grounds. Call me with any questions.
- No feminine products, diapers or heavy paper products can be flushed down the toilet. Dispose of these items in the trash or blue outdoor bin. These items can cause septic issues and potential forfeiture of the security deposit.