Welcome! Enjoy your stay in this cozy and economical room in South Philly!
Because I share living spaces with my guests, I am currently only hosting guests who identify as female.
This bedroom with a twin-sized bed is great for one guest looking for a comfortable and affordable way to stay in the city. It is on the second floor, and is in the rear bedroom so you will be away from any noise on the street. The bed room is equipped with wifi, a twin sized bed, a ceiling fan, AC/Heat, and an iron/ironing board. Clean sheets and towels are provided. I also have a cat, Bella, who likes to visit with guests. This listing isn't a good option for folks with cat allergies.
I will give you a set of keys to the front door. The bathroom is just down the hallway from your bedroom, and is shared with me. If you forgot something, just let me know! You are welcome to cook in the kitchen (and use the dishes, pots and pans), use the dining room table to eat or work from, and watch tv in the living room.
Interaction with guests
I enjoy hosting and getting to know guests, but will follow your lead for interacting. I am happy to chat over coffee or a glass of wine, but am equally supportive if you need to retreat to your room. I also have several jobs and am a part-time student, so will likely be in and out depending on my schedule.
Other things to note
Check out the website "Visit Philly" for up-to-date tourism and event information.
There is a Laundromat located around the corner at Moyenmensing and Mifflin Streets. They will wash and fold your laundry within 2 hours for $0.80/pound, or less if you use coin operated machines and wash/fold yourself.
- Check In time is 6pm, and Checkout time is 12noon
- Clean up after yourself (wash your dishes, tidy up the common areas, etc) and respect the property
- I keep the basics of snacks/coffee/tea/water in the kitchen. I ask for a small contribution if you use these items to help cover the costs
- No parties
- No smoking inside the house. You can use the backyard.
- The house has old narrow popes. Please do not flush feminine products. It will clog the system, and will be unpleasant and expensive to fix. Please place products in the trashcan
- Respect a quiet time between 10pm and 7:30am
- Be careful to make sure Bella, the cat, does not bolt out the doors as you come and go
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello! Welcome to Philly! I love traveling, hosting, and sharing my South Philly neighborhood with newcomers. A little bit about me: I grew up in South Central, PA so am happy to give you tips of places to venture within a 2 hour radius of Philly. I've been living in the city for 13 years, so it is home now. I work full time as a Director in a South Philly nonprofit that works with immigrants and refugees, part-time as a therapist, and am back in school part-time.