Save your money to spend on doing things! This is budget accommodation. It's basic but you're going to have fun as I'll twist the arm of local operators to get you a good deal on things to do and places to eat! There is lots of free stuff to do too. We will point you in the right direction. This is lockable room with your own key and a bed in a room shared with 2 others while sharing the rest of the house with others.
Your room has 3 single beds
You'll share the rest of the house with other travellers. There is a large screen TV in the lounge, fully equipped kitchen and a tiled bathroom with bath and shower. There's also a laundry with auto washer and auto dryer.
Interaction with guests
Give me a call if you want suggestions of things to do. There are some amazing places in this area and they are free! You just have to know where to find them. There is a great cycle trail here to and we can arrange some discounts on hire bikes including electric ones.
Other things to note
Note that this is cheap "Hut" type accommodation. Please make sure that it will suit your needs as we hate it when some-one is disappointed. Its comfortable and clean but basic. Remember that you get what you pay for. If you need more then choose some-where else.
It's Quiet time after 10pm: From 10pm to 7am its quiet time at the Holiday Hut so everyone can get a good rest for the next days Adventures.
The Legal Stuff: Sorry about all these "rules". Most people look after the Holiday "Hut" but there have been a few who did not. So to ensure everyone understands the basis on which we share the Holiday "Hut" with you there are some terms and conditions below. Please read and make sure you understand them. If you stay at the Holiday "Hut" you are agreeing to them.
How do you get the key?
1 or 2 days BEFORE GETTING TO THE HOUSE, it is ESSENTIAL to ring our phone numb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) to find out the key code. Don’t wait until you arrive at the house to call us for the key code (especially if it’s the middle of the night) as you may not be able to contact us then so call early to be sure you can get us.
When is the house available?
The house is available from 4pm on the day of your arrival and should be vacated by 10am on the day you leave. If the cleaners arrive at 10am and you have not vacated the house then they will charge you a late checkout fee of $75 to cover the cleaning team to come back a second time so please be checked out by 10am.
How to find the house.
If you have a GPS put in 5 Franklin Street, Greymouth.
Unfortunately we have had trouble in the past with people damaging the house and then disappearing. Repairs have cost us a lot of money so we have been forced to ask people for a damage security bond. We do this by holding your credit card number. We “Hold” $1 on your card to check that it is valid which is released after your stay. You can give us your card number when you call for the key location.
Any other queries, or if you need help or other suggestions as to things to do while you are on your holiday feel free to call us anytime.
Terms and Conditions.
By staying at the Gold Coast NZ Holiday "Hut" you are agreeing to these terms and conditions below.
1. The number of guests: You are charged according to the number of guests you list. Extra bedrooms/bedding will be locked and unavailable for use. Should you bring more people than indicated, you will be charged $45 per extra person per night. Please tell us your sleeping arrangements, eg couples/singles
3. Damage: If there has been damaged caused, you agree that we will make an $850 bond charge against your card. Once the repairs have been made and we have been invoiced, we will either refund the difference if the total cost was less than $850, or bill you the remainder if greater than $850.
Please note that we do not take this bond off all our guests; only those who cause damage.
4. How clean should you leave the house. Your rental price includes a service fee so you are not required to wash the bedding, however, you must wash, dry and put away your own dishes, and the property is to be left clean and tidy. Otherwise an additional cleaning fee will be charged, commensurate with the time taken by our cleaners above and beyond what is normally the case.
5. Parties: Please don't use the house for parties or drinking sessions as the additional cleaning costs can mount into the hundreds of dollars and these will be charged to you. It’s not you that will create this but probably your mates. The clean-up and sterilising after vomiting is very expensive.
6. Odours: If you leave any rooms with an unpleasant smell there may be a deodorising charge of up to $125 per room. Some odours take several days to remove. If we have to find alternative accommodation for the next night's guests because the cleaning crew can't get the house to a reasonable standard in the 6 hours between guests then we reserve the right to charge this cost to you.
7. Advice if you vomit or are sick in the house: If you need medical attention we can help. Please contact us for advice on how best to get this. Note that if you vomit in the house and do not clean it up thoroughly this leaves a bad odour and the next guests will need to be rehoused at your expense. Vomit on carpets, floors, walls, towels and bedding means they need additional sterilising. Rooms may need steam cleaning and specialist deodorising, sometimes even repainting or replacing carpets. This often requires several additional visits to the house by the cleaning crew. These additional visits will be charged to you. Any damage and additional cleaning will also be charged to you. The best way to avoid these costs is to clean up immediately and thoroughly after being sick and to air out the house to prevent odour retention.
Sorry again about all this, we have had a couple of problematic guests. Enjoy the house, but also think of the people coming the next night. If you agree to stay at the house then you are agreeing to these potential additional costs if you cause them.
This host has 78 reviews for other properties.View other reviews