Upscale studio on a beautifully landscaped lot. The lower level is all yours! Close to both downtowns, adjacent to acres of open space + ample paved paths.
View panoramic sunrises and sunsets from the dock, beach, overlook... surrounded by fresh air and tall trees. Enjoy spacious, free, private parking & super fast Wi-Fi!
Solo traveler? No problem! Shoreview is rated one of the safest cities in the state. And Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 Lakes ... wouldn't you like to be on one?
This lakeside studio is perfectly situated just outside downtown. It sits on beautiful acres of lakeshore in Minnesota. You have a private entrance into this lower level studio, next door is abundant nature and walkable trails.
There is a dining prep area, sitting area, and bedroom. As well as a full bath, and a separate room for getting ready - complete with mirror and dressing room lights.
Sip coffee and look out to the lake through a wall of glass. Or, bring it down to the water. The property is located on the north shore of Snail Lake. We have a dock and many lake activities available, including kayaks, SUP paddle boards, a canoe and a paddle boat. These are seasonal, please inquire!
Enjoy several areas on our property that are nice to relax with a glass of wine or a good book. We even had a gentleman propose to his girlfriend this summer -- right on the large swing. You will notice a lot of our property has been designed to maximize beautiful outdoor lighting and portrait scenes, we hope you enjoy!
You will have the entire lower level of our home to yourself. This is not a shared space, and it is yours to live in during your stay. The entire outdoor outside property is shared ground. With a variety of sitting areas you can move around depending on the time of day and privacy you desire. There are a handful of water-type activities and toys -- if you are interested... please let us know as they are seasonal. Let's chat prior to booking!
Interaction with guests
We enjoy meeting all of our guests, but we respect their privacy and space as well. We've personally been hosted by Airbnb from Africa to Asia and met a lot of awesome people. Please feel free to interact with us as much, or as little as you’d like!
Other things to note
We've operated a high-end portrait studio for 30 years in this location and landscaped to facilitate beautiful images. While our sessions are limited, you may see us photographing a client (family, high school graduate) no later than 6pm. Feel free to message us if you need something!
We do have two other listings that might be helpful in the event of multiple families or friends wanting to stay nearby + still have their independent space. The other two options are:
Lake Lodge : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15335892
Lake Cottage : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17405561
• Check-in time is 3pm or later, check-out time is 11am - (although, depending on the calendar, late checkout can be arranged prior to arrival!)
• Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 8:00am. Please, no noise after 10:30pm, we want to respect our awesome neighbors!
• No smoking on the premises.
• Strict rule : this is a cool spot but absolutely no (zero) parties as this accommodation is for our guests, not for them to host others. Only guests in the reservation are to be on the property.
• This is a recreational lake, fishing is catch and release only. No eating, please!
• Water activities are seasonal, for the summer only.
• No photo shoots, all special requests must please be pre-approved prior to booking.
• Shoes left at the entrance is a good idea to avoid tracking sand inside, it's for your benefit!
• Please note, there is no daily housekeeping service. Bedding, bath towels and basic bathroom supplies are included. Longer stays will adjust accordingly, of course please ask if you have questions :)
• Please turn off the lights and stop all appliances when you leave home. We like to think of making less waste // being sustainable where possible. Please wash dirty dishes.
• We are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the property. We are not responsible for any loss of your personal belongings or valuables. By accepting the reservation, you undertake that all guests are expressly assuming the risk for any harm arising from their use of the property. Should you participate in any awesome experiences while staying at our listing (swim in the lake, have a bonfire, use any of the water toys (including the new SUP paddle boards!), the following guest release & waiver will be assumed upon booking, please view these details here: https://www.airbnb.com/terms/experiences_guest_waiver : this is for your protection and ours, we want to be able to offer great things to our guests!
I have spent 40 years together with an amazing wife (took her to 3 proms!), she's also been my business partner running - a high end portrait studio on a lake in Minnesota. Our travels to date include Mexico, Europe, Thailand/South Korea & Africa. We're both certified Scuba and love experiencing different cultures and lifestyles. We have 3 grown daughters whom we love to spend time with. Previous to starting our own business I worked at the YMCA for 9 years. My travel bug bit hard right out of high school when a trip to Europe backpacking resulted in 4 months and 18 countries creating memories to last a lifetime. Whether hosting or as a guest, I try to bring a positive perspective to the table. Whenever possible, I say "yes!" to life's opportunities and adventures - I realized at a younger age, life feels better on a lake -- so here we are!