A large top-floor penthouse situated in the heart of the Maboneng Precinct - a bustling, trendy, and must-see Johannesburg neighourhood.
It is perfect for couples and business travellers. It's also ideal as a bridal suite for those getting married in the area.
705 is very central - there's plenty of great restaurants, galleries and bars a very short walk away!
You'll love it.
A large studio penthouse situated in the trendy, must-visit Maboneng Precinct. Centrally located with easy access to the surrounding areas of Johannesburg and to the airport.
•North-east facing corner unit on the 7th floor with 180 degree views of the city and surrounding areas. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
•Large open-plan living area, lounge and dining area. Total size 117sqm. Double volume ceilings.
•Great kitchen and combined dining area for entertaining.
•Luxurious bedroom with en suite bathroom with raised bath to take in the views, shower and a bespoke raised bed. Ample closet space.
•Separate private bathroom with toilet and second shower.
•Day bed which can be used as a second bed for a single person.
•Modern clean design.
•Free uncapped fast fibre internet (20Mbps).
•Home cinema with projector, 120” screen, and Polk surround sound system. Apple Airplay equipped. Playstation 3 with games and Bluray player. Netflix included.
•Fully equipped kitchen with Smeg fridge, separate freezer, washing machine, dish washer, stove, oven, microwave, toaster and kettle.
•August Smart-lock for keyless entry.
•Egyptian cotton bedding and bath towels included.
•Iron and ironing board included. A launderette is however also located downstairs.
If you require earlier check-in or later check-out, or will be arriving late, please let us know and we’ll make every effort to accommodate you.
Guests have complete use of the penthouse other than a small storeroom which will be locked.
Other things to note
705 is equipped with an August smart-lock which issues digital keys to our guests to access the unit securely through an App and smartphone. You should receive an email from August Home with directions on how to install the App and link it to your Airbnb account. You'll then have access for the duration of your stay. We recommend downloading the App prior to departure, especially if you’re travelling internationally. We also provide a traditional key.
705 is also equipped with a smart home-security device. It monitors smoke and air-quality as well as serving as a security camera (the camera is mounted in the black strip). Turn the camera towards the wall when you’re in the apartment for your privacy. Please turn it back (facing the same direction as the fridge) when you're leaving the apartment for security.
If you require the assigned parking bay, please let us know when booking. If you require an additional parking bay, we can make one available at additional cost.
The penthouse can sleep up to 3 – a couple in the main bed and a single person on the daybed. As it’s open-plan this doesn’t allow for much privacy although the main bedroom can be cordoned off with a curtain and the second bathroom is private.
Whilst a child is allowed, the apartment is not baby or child proof and has many sharp corners and a raised bed. We do not accept any responsibility for any harm.
- Please be respectful of our neighbours. This is our home and we value our relationships with our neighbours. Please do not play music loudly or watch TV at high volume – our immediate neighbour’s bedroom borders the lounge area.
- Please cover the Canary home security camera when in the apartment (for your privacy) and uncover it when leaving the apartment. Please do not unplug the camera as this also disables the smoke and air quality monitoring.
- You may invite guests, but, please, no events or parties are allowed. Guests must sign in through the residents’ entrance with identification.
- The window in the kitchen area (by the fridge) has both a block-out blind and a sheer (the partly see-through mesh). Please keep the sheer down during the day as it protects our appliances from sun damage.
- Please don’t leave the projector on when not in use. It has a limited amount of hours and could cause the lamp to burn out.
- Please don’t run the dishwasher and washing at the same time – they are on the same water feed.
- You waive any claims of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising which you may have against us beyond the amount of the booking.
- You indemnify us against any claim of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising that may be made against us by any third party arising from your stay at the apartment, including any invitees to the apartment.
Please see our guidebook for ideas of places in and around the area that we love. If you'd like more personalised recommendations let us know and we'd be happy to help put together an itinerary.
We are available telephonically for any queries night and day. We are both employed full time so please excuse any slight delay in returning calls or responding to messages, especially during business hours.
Off-street, secure parking in the building for a single car is included. If you will be bringing a car, please advise us when booking. A second parking bay can be made available at an additional cost on request.
I'm born and bred in Jozi (aka Johannesburg, South Africa) and a lawyer by trade. The inner city is my stomping ground.