The large apartment (about 1200 sq. ft.) has 3 private entrances on the ground level, a full bath, a fully stocked mini kitchen, 4 large rooms plus 2 bedrooms and lots of huge windows throughout, and private parking. It is close to I-81 , Radford University, Virginia Tech (20min), Bisset Park on the New River, Christiansburg Aquatic Center (20 min), Claytor Lake State Park, and a hospital. A great place for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families with a dog and lots of kids!
You will have your own living space on the first level of a three-level house, all of it is above ground. There are cupboards in the fully stocked mini-kitchen with plenty of dishes, glasses, and lots of silverware. The apartment has a fireplace (fire wood included), a wide screen TV with internet service, a DVD player, fast WiFi, exercise equipment, an outdoor grill, and a fire pit. The house is in a thickly wooded area which will give you the feeling of being in the country, but yet we are in the City of Radford.
With 6 fully furnished rooms, you will have plenty of space to spread out. You will have access to 2 outdoor patios, a fenced area, a bricked area, and your own driveway with parking enough for 2 cars. Our place is in a quiet neighborhood in a closed community of rolling hills with lots of trees, shrubs, and deer. It is a wonderful area for leisurely walks and/or biking.
Interaction with guests
We respect your privacy so that you will feel right at home. We will be living in the upper two levels. We welcome interaction with our guests if they so chose.
Other things to note
We have a very friendly dog (part border collie and part Labrador). Her name is Sophie, she is 2 years old, and rarely barks. Trash day is early Tuesday morning. You can leave your trash in the garbage cans in the garage anytime.
- No loud music or TV.
- Unmentioned friends and family not mentioned in our agreement may not stay overnight at our home. Any other person is the sole responsibility of the guest.
- Our house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
- The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite on the premise.
- Please enjoy your stay - but please be respectful as you are our guest.
I am a college professor at a local community college. My wife, Kay, has a gift of hospitality and we enjoy sharing our home with friends and family. If you pay us a visit, you will be treated like family.