Lovely character home circa 1900, newly renovated, self contained with private entrance. Airy high ceilings with ceiling fans & air-conditioners, Wifi and Cable TV. Close to airports and short walking distance to Railway Station and Kogarah Village, St George Hospital, supermarkets and multi-cultural restaurants. Minutes to Hurstville ChinaTown. Host downstairs if assistance needed. 这个小区有亚洲超市和亚洲餐馆,我的邻居非常友善会讲中文。 3 listings this address to suit children, elderly or large groups - please ask.
Originally a workman's cottage built circa 1900, this beautiful newly renovated character home offers spacious living for three with extra comfortable beds and mattresses. If there are additional guests, a toddler bed can be placed in the master bedroom, an extra single bed with a good innerspring mattress can be placed in the second bedroom plus a single bed with privacy screen can be provided in the lounge as well.
For the elderly or guests with mobility issues, there is a solid hand rail up the three steps to the front door (see picture) and an electric bed. There is also a bus stop almost at the front door.
For those needing to work, there is a desk and office chair and cable wifi internet.
A laptop with internet and Foxtel Go cable TV is available and connected to the TV providing you with the full Foxtel package including Sports, Movies, Business, Kids, overseas News etc.
You will have private access to the complete apartment. No sharing.
There is an electronic code door lock to allow you to arrive unassisted.
Early check in / Late check out by prior arrangement may be possible.
As it is perfectly located for access to local amenities and transport, there is no need to hire a car to get around. For details on transport see Getting Around at the bottom of this page. If you have a car you can usually park on the street within a few houses.
Interaction with guests
Your host lives in the downstairs apartment and you will have her mobile number, so assistance is readily available.
Other things to note
As there is no gate between the balcony and the street, this apartment may not be suitable for small children. The back apartment has an outdoor play area and child gate.
Portacot, bassinet, highchair, push chair, baby car seat available on request. Please check as these may already be booked by the back apartment.
I apologize if these rules seem over the top and pretty obvious, but each has been added from my Airbnb experience to date:
• Smoking outside only – please keep ashtrays from over-flowing
• Use exhaust fan when showering to ensure adequate ventilation
• Use the air conditioners sparingly and turn off when going out. Please make sure the external doors and windows are closed when heating or cooling is turned on. I understand some guests are from very hot or very cold climates and require heavier heating or cooling usage, and this can be facilitated by agreeing to pay a $2 per day levy charged against the security deposit.
• If requested, linen changed weekly for longer term guests.
• Please respect my neighbours and the guests in adjoining apartment.
• Absolutely no parties or overly loud activities between 10pm and 7am.
• Please be careful of floors, walls etc with your suitcases and do not move the furniture around scratching the timber floors.
• No overnight non-airbnb guests – should more guests stay than were booked, the listed additional person charges will be charged against the security deposit. If more guests than the maximum number for the apartment are found to be staying then you will be asked to terminate the stay immediately.
• Hot Water. It is a large tank that supplies the whole building but it is on ‘off peak’ - which means it only heats over night. When it runs out you must wait until the next day. We have NEVER run out of hot water yet - but make sure you use Cold Water only in washing machine and take a reasonable time in the shower – particularly if you have more than 3 guests in your party.
• Please leave the house as you found it
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 26 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, after travelling myself around UK, USA, South America and Europe, I found the best trips were the home stay ones. Something I can feel at home in at the end of a busy day.
Now that I have retired from my hectic IT career, I am looking forward to sharing my home with fellow travellers and giving them - a home away from home.
Please feel free to get in contact with me if you have any questions.
I am looking forward to having you stay.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.