Our house is located in the charming excursion area between Altlengbach and Neulengbach. 20 minutes 'drive from Vienna and 15 minutes' drive from St. Pölten.
Unterthurm, castle Neulengbach, Altlengbach, Wienerwald, Mariazell, tulle, etc.
A wonderful house in the Wienerwald, modern, quiet, clean. Castle ruins are located in our garden. Neulengbach Castle is at a distance of 2 kilometers from our house. Our house is between Vienna and Sankt Poelten.
Interaction with guests
A young family, hospitable, kind, educated.
Other things to note
Today's ruin of Unterthurm is the rest of the old Veste Turn, which possibly goes back to a defensive building of the Magyarshag. The sporadic documentary reports about the castle are only used in the outgoing High Middle Ages. The residence was the residence of a small family.
In 1212 a Heinrich von St. Christophen was named as notary Otto von Lengenbach, who probably lived in a gymnasium. The first secured mention of the castle took place in 1246 with "Leutoldus castellanus in Turri". In the 14th century, the Knights of Seebach held the Veste as a landowner's fief. Jörg Seebeck, who belonged to the turn in 1386, was at the same time a keeper at Neulengbach. In 1401, Stephan Fronauer appears to be the founder of the Wallseer in Altlengbach and Turn.
As early as 1418 there was a Stephan Seebeck in Thurn. In 1455 Ritterhans von Ladendorf acquired the rule. After the extinction of his family, the Reicker family inherited the castle. This was heavily damaged during the devastating earthquake of 1590, but soon recovered. After the death of the last Reicker, Turn came around 1613 to a side line of the counts of Hardegg. August Count Hardegg, lord of the Thurn, was Archbishop Maximilian and Chamberlain of Lower Austria. With Georg Bernhard died in 1682 the Turner line of the Hardegger counts, but already one year before the domination to Christoph Johann Count Althan was sold. After the destruction of the Turks in 1683 the castle was not restored and became a ruin.
About Johann Karl Graf Kuefstein Turn 1713 came to Johann Paul Bartolotti of Partenfeld. His brothers and successors had to sell Turn 1740 for bankruptcy. The owners were now Prince Theodor Konstantin Lubomirski, Karl Abraham Wetzlar von Plankenstein and 1797 Moritz Graf Fries. In 1828, the Princes of Liechtenstein took over the reign of Neulengbach also Turn. Around 1885, the "Ritterorden zum Grünen Humpen" in Vienna and the "Silberemattpen" in Neulengbach rented the ruins. In 1902, a Neulengbach businessman who called himself "Ritter von Kornthal" leased the tower. Unterthurm now belongs to the Prince of Liechtenstein in Dietersdorf, who rented the tower.