Our oceanfront home is perfect for two or three couples or even families travelling together. The house is situated on the Strait of Juan de Fuca with panoramic ocean and Olympic Peninsula Mountains views from every room. The house features three bedrooms (two with private sitting areas), two bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, separate laundry room, a view deck, a hot tub, and high speed internet connection, private beach access with low tide. Enjoy fresh ocean breeze and marine life.
From the comfort of the beautiful house, you can enjoy watching the whales go by, enjoy fishing from the rocks or linger listening to the surf. The Rocky Point House features quality linens and nautical decorating touches. All bedrooms are separated from the living areas of the house for maximum privacy. The kitchen is fully equipped and ready for cooking, just bring the groceries. Gas grill is on the deck and ready for use. This is a comfortable home with easy access to what Vancouver Island has to offer.
The living room features overstuffed furniture, cozy pillows and bookcases filled with books, games, magazines, shells, driftwood, and candles.
Access to the beach via steep, ladder-like stairs (not suitable for children or the faint of heart). The beach is less accessible in stormy season (October through April) as the rough at this time of the year Pacific weather, pushes waves into Juan de Fuca strait and against cliffs of our property.
The house is 45 minutes from Victoria and 7 minutes from the village of Sooke.
Water Conservation & Septic System Guidelines
Our house uses a septic system. It is essential to keep the water flow into the septic tank to a minimum. Please follow these guidelines while occupying the house:
- Please dispose of coffee grounds in the trashcan --do not dump coffee grounds down the sink
- Do not pour fats and oils down the drain. They can build up and clog the septic tank pipes.
- Do use non-chlorine, biodegradable and non-toxic cleaning products.
- Put paper towels, tissue, cigarette butts, disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, tampons and other material in the trash can, not the toilet.
- Short showers and shallow baths are appreciated.
- Do not use bleach or other anti-bacterial cleansers. PLEASE CONSERVE WATER
- When washing dishes in the sink please keep the water stream to a trickle.
- Please run the dishwasher when there is a full load.