Charismatic and artsy one bedroom apartment in pulsating area of the East Village. Located right on the corner of 2nd Street and Avenue A, this place will provide you with an ideal and unique New York City experience. Forget about staying at an overpriced hotel in Midtown amongst the rest of the tourists; experience the action in one of the most exciting neighborhoods in the city while staying in a real New York apartment with its own sense of individuality and charm.
Located one floor walk-up above street level, this one bedroom/one bath has a direct view out onto Avenue A and 2nd Street. Bedroom has comfy double bed that sleeps two easily. Clean linens will be provided. Curtains over blinds make sleeping during the day not a problem. Closet space is limited but we will provide you with your own dresser drawers. Living room has modest couch that can sleep a third if needed. Desk/workstation if needed in living room, including a flatscreen TV with cable, bluray player, xbox, and sound system hook-up for your iPod/iphone/laptop. Free Wifi included. Lots of natural light in living room with great view out onto the street. With the windows open at night it's like your hanging out on the street with the partygoers!
Kitchen is fully functional with small table for two by the window. Again, lots of natural light. Gas stove, big refrigerator, juicer, vegetable steamer, table top grill, and all the cooking utensils needed for when you don't want to spend the money eating out. Bathroom is clean with great water pressure/hot water and stand-up shower.
When it comes to nearby amenities, it doesn't get much more accessible than this:
- F train one block away
- easy access to taxi cabs at any time of day/night
- Multiple supermarkets and farmers markets within a two block radius
- Laundromat right across the street
- Tompkins Square Park only several blocks away
- A multitude of lively bars and amazing restaurants right outside the front door. We've been in this neighborhood for several years and still haven't come close to trying out every (URL HIDDEN) kind of what the Village is known for!
- walking distance to other great nearby neighborhoods: Lower East Side, Soho, Union Square, Chinatown, West Village, among others
We can provide you with plenty of recommendations for restaurants, sights, nightlife, or activities in the city. We also have family members and lots of friends in New York so if we are out of town and there is a problem it can easily be taken care of. We are willing to help you out with anything you might be interested in, because at the end of the day we want to provide you with the most authentic New York experience possible!
Laptop friendly workspace
Unavailable: Smoke detector
Unavailable: Carbon monoxide detector