*Sept/Oct prices just lowered 20%.
BEAUTIFUL home in a pristine old lava field! Closest homes to the current Lava Flow! Very successful B&B for 2 years. Ocean 10 minute walk. A+ Stargazing! Watch the lava flowing on the mountain & into the sea! A unique place to unwind & enjoy the serenity of Hawaii. Wonderful place for relaxation. A short drive to all the local attractions in Puna. This is definitely one of the nicest houses in this unique neighborhood, and all 5 stars!
I will send the address & directions after booking.
Basically, not party house.
This is a non-smoking property.
No pets are allowed.
HOUSE RULES FOR GUESTS ::
1. Please remember to leave keys where they were at the end of your stay. $20 key replacement otherwise.
2. Please remember to always shut all windows on THE BATHROOM SIDE downstairs AND the ones ABOVE BED UPSTAIRS when leaving….rain can come anytime & comes in from that direction. Has flooded floors before. Ok to leave patio door upstairs open as rain very rarely comes that way.
3. Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 11am or before.
4. Please keep high powered electronics to a minimal use & respect the Off-The-Grid 100% Solar Retreat home you are staying in. Things such as blow dryers, hair curlers as those kind of appliances take too much power, etc. BUT….laptops & most things are okay anytime! We are solar powered so have to be fully conscious of NOT using high powered devices.
Please DO NOT use the DISHWASHER except to drip dry dishes (we use the racks & space for that), and DO NOT use the upstairs bathtub jacuzzi jets ever (we found out they are way way too big electricity draw for the house). Occasionally if the batteries are too low, there is a generator that we use for backup power. We are proud to be Off-The-Grid & hope you enjoy living Green here even though it might not be fully what your used to regarding electrical use. Mahalo.
5. Please NO CANDLES at all in the home. Big no-no here with all these curtains & wood house, and very far from fire department! Fire Extinguisher located in kitchen that we have never used…& hope to never have to. :-)
6. Wash your dishes before you leave or before going to bed if you're using the kitchen and pans. Ants become a big problem quickly if food & dishes left out. Cleaning counters with sponge/soap helps keep them away too.
7. Please put all food waste into white compost bucket located near kitchen sink (except no citrus or meat in compost). It is dumped (by us, or if we are not present, you) outside. Do not put food into trash as it attracts ants & bugs. FOOD CONTAINERS SUCH AS YOGURTS, ETC MUST BE WASHED AND THEN THROWN IN RECYCLE BAG, NOT IN GARBAGE. ANything that could attract armies of ants thrown in garbage can be wrapped in a plastic bag first to detract the smells, then put in garbage inside the bag.
8. Quiet hours 10pm to 8am. (Remember its not a party house, and in quiet neighborhood). If you'd like to stay up late & drink & talk with your family & friends of course its fine, just asking to please be respectful of the neighbors & not too rowdy.
No kegger parties! :-)
9. We are water catchment (as profile says, off-the-grid 100%), meaning we capture our rainwater in huge tank to use for showers, cooking, & once purified for drinking.
The tap water is purified via big water filters so completely safe to drink. :-)
*Please keep your showers to minimal (under 5 minutes if possible) as to conserve water.
This is part of the green living you are now experimenting with. :-)
10. This area gets very little Mosquitoes, NO Coqui frogs (which are a loud nuisance on many parts of island ruining peoples sleep, next to no Vog, and is ideal in many ways. Some bugs will fly in the house though so please keep screen doors closed at all times.
11. Phone service: Verizon is the best, AT&T 2nd best here. Any other phone companies not so good so write down directions before hand.
12. NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE (island style). Strict rule as rocks stuck on bottom of shoes could scratch wood floors, etc….
13. WEB / INTERNET : password = perfectriver062
*We have very fast high speed internet unlike alot of homes out here!
14. Laundry: Please Do Not Use The Washer & Dryer unless OK'd with our caretaker craig who lives across the street. He can check if the solar power battery charge is enough & its mid-day on sunny day. This is part of living off-the-grid & we love it. Its bit inconvenient for some, but the way it is when living off solar power completely. Thank you!
15. Again, No Hair Dryers, No Hair Curlers or any fast heating elements as they take up extreme amounts of electricity too & could damage our $5k special batteries for solar power if they drain too low.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews