10 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4.5 bathrooms
Candelabras glow against plaster walls and sunlight spills over brick floors at this made-over farmhouse in the Tuscan countryside. It still has the tile-roofed, wood-beamed look of so many rustic buildings in the region, but the restoration added a steel-and-glass door here, a corset-detailed chair there. Taste local Chiantis at wineries in the surrounding hills and day-trip to Florence or Siena.
Take your coffee out to a seat on the terrace every morning, then practice your golf skills on the dewy lawn and, on the warmest summer days, cool off in the 14m by 7m saltwater swimming pool. As dusk turns the olive leaves from green to silver, open a bottle of local wine, prepare your dinner with the garden's fresh produce and olive oil, and settle in around the alfresco dining table to catch up with friends and family.
The villa’s living room, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen are lined up inside, connected by brick floors and wood-beamed ceilings, and each with its own set of French doors to the garden. The traditional look gets a hit of contemporary chic from details like wire-framed chairs and abstract artwork, and a separate TV lounge has a state-of-the-art projector screen.
The nearest town is Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, a hilltop village that once marked the halfway point for travelers between Florence and Siena. Drive through sunflower fields to visit—and taste—at nearby wineries, or rent a bike to tackle the hills yourself. The museums and architecture of Florence are about 30 minutes away and to visit Siena a 40 minute drive will do.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Bidet, Air conditioning, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Garden view
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Lounge area, Pool view
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Shared access to hallway bathroom with Bedroom 4, Stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Direct access to shared lounge area, Pool view
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds, Shared access to hallway bathroom with Bedroom 3, Stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Desk, Direct access to shared lounge area, Garden view
- Lounge Area - Bedroom 2: Double size sofa bed
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Wine cooler
- Smart TV
- Sound system
- Media room
- Projector and screen
- Board games
- Office space
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Floor heating/cooling
- Iron/Ironing board
- Alarm system
- Saltwater pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco shower
- Gas barbecue
- Vegetable garden
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining areas with seating ranging from 4 to 6
- Putting green
- Practice golf net
- Parking - 4 spaces
- Security cameras - outward facing
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeping - 2 hours per day
- Pool maintenance
- Light arrival welcome dinner or appetizer
- Villa pre-stocking - food at extra cost
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Private chef
- Cooking lessons
- Babysitting service
- Yoga instructor
- Car rental
- Guided tours
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 3 minute drive to Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
- 25 km to San Gimignano
- 30 km to Florence
- 44 km to Siena
- 115 km to Cortona
- 120 km from Lake Trasimeno
- 128 km to Cetona
- 272 km to Rome
- 43 km to Florence International Airport (FLR)
- 81 km to Pisa International Airport (PSA)
- 301 km to Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Enter dates and number of guests to see the total trip price. Tourism taxes may be added.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 2 more
+ 10 more
Barberino Tavarnelle, Italy
35 min drive
Pisa International Airport
67 min drive
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport
185 min drive
Points of Interest
Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
2 min drive
37 min drive
38 min drive
41 min drive
89 min drive
91 min drive
97 min drive
182 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.