16 guests · 5 bedrooms · 4.5 bathrooms
Hillside House is an exquisite chalet in the Bernese Oberland region of the Swiss Alps, just outside the famed ski resort town of Gstaad. The 3,200-square foot home blends timeless alpine charm with stylish contemporary enhancements, including high-end appliances in the bathrooms and kitchen. Ample outdoor areas invite you to savor the delicious mountain air, while cozy interiors provide an ideal venue for après-ski delights. Five ample bedrooms accommodate ten guests—ideal for families, multiple couples, or large groups of friends.
The chalet will charm you immediately with its exquisite wood facades and gabled form. Inside, the centerpiece is a spacious salon with an expansive picture window that infuses the home with mountain views and natural light. An adjoining dining table seats eight, while French doors open to the ample deck, where a large table welcomes alfresco meals during the warmer months. A smaller salon is warmed by a wood-burning fireplace and features a cozy sofa and TV. The gourmet kitchen offers a lovely harmony of stainless steel appliances and a rustic farmhouse breakfast table for six.
All five bedrooms feature king beds, two of which are split kings that can be arranged as pairs of twins. The master suite, on the main floor, enjoys an ensuite bathroom and opens directly to the deck as well. There are three guest rooms upstairs, while the basement level includes two bedrooms, a laundry room, and a pantry. The décor of the bedrooms is simple yet beautiful, with choice touches of artwork, color, and form that give each room a distinct character.
Hillside House offers a wonderful balance of serene privacy and convenient access to the renowned slopes, trails, dining, and vintage charm of this world-renowned resort town. From the villa's two-car garage, you're just minutes from Schonried, La Videmanette cable car, and the heart of Gstaad, while the lovely town of Saanen is an easy drive away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with rain shower
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with rain shower
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (or 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub shower
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (or 2 twin size beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 5 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Direct access to balcony
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Media room
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Garage (with parking for 2 cars)
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 3.9 km to Gstaad
- 13.4 km to Saanen
- 47.5 km to Lac de la Gruyère
- 183 km to Zurich
- 3 km to Schönried
- 5.7 km to La Videmanette cable car
- 21.2 km to Glacier 3000 ski base
- 5 minute drive to private Saanen Aerodrome
- 76.9 km to Bern Airport (BRN)
- 133 km to Geneva International Airport (GVA)
- 199 km to Zūrich Airport (ZRH)
Enter dates and number of guests to see the total trip price. Tourism taxes may be added.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.