Vintage hilltop villa near Etruscan ruins
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 6 bathrooms
When a traditional country house meets modern Italian design, the result is the dreamy Tenuta di Paternostro. Surrounded by acres of picturesque Lazian countryside and views in all directions, this eclectic vacation rental is stocked with everything from antique fireplaces and 1950s furniture to a fossilized tree table. Five bedrooms and a full staff are ready to host—and pamper—up to ten friends or family members.
Your holiday at this luxury estate includes the services of a cook, butler and housekeeper, as well as a breakfast buffet and evening apéritif. Take in the vistas sweeping from Vetralla and the Monti Cimini to Viterbo from the pool or a seat on the terrace. The Paternostro property also has 250 trees producing extra virgin olive oil and extensive equestrian facilities. After the sun sets, pour a glass from the wine fridge, put a favourite album on the iPod docking station or settle in by the fireplace or TV.
The house itself is inspired by the varied tastes of its owner—think exotic finds like Persian carpets and Mexican drums, paired with vintage fireplace surrounds and mod pieces from the 1950s. Yet it adds up to a warm, welcoming vibe, from the two cozy living rooms to the dining table made from a fossilized tree from New Zealand. A sleek, fully equipped kitchen is a minimalist counterpoint to the other rooms in appearance, but a breakfast bar makes it just as inviting.
Each of the five bedrooms at Tenuta di Paternostro has a queen bed and en-suite bathroom. There are two with private lounge areas as well, including a honeymoon-worthy master suite with its own fireplace, and several open directly to the garden. Like the main living areas, the suites combine rustic charm with unexpected accent pieces.
The countryside around the villa is filled with Etruscan ruins, well-preserved villages, historic towns and thriving modern estates and shops, producing and selling local specialties. Don’t miss the Etruscan tombs at Tarquinia, which have garnered UNESCO World Heritage status, the monstrous garden sculptures in the town of Bomarzo or a performance at the ancient theatre in Sutri. Or simply go for a drive and see which churches, monuments, palazzi and castles the roads lead you to.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Garden Suite: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Lounge area
- Fountain Suite: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Master Fireplace Suite: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Walk-in Closet, Lounge area, Fireplace
- Corner View Suite: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo
- Country Loft Suite: Queen size bed, Sofa bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Lounge area
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Wine fridge
- Espresso Machine
- Formal dining area
- iPod docking station
- Air conditioning
- Swimming Pool
- Sun loungers
STAFF & SERVICES
- Cook (6 days per week)
- Housekeeping (6 days per week)
- Breakfast Buffet
- Bulter (6 days per week)
- Nightly Apéritif
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Laundry service
Points of Interest
- 24 minute drive to Blera
- 25 minute drive to Viterbo
- 28 minute drive to Bagnaia
- 29 minute drive to Tuscania
- 30 minute drive to Teatro Romano di Sutri
- 31 minute drive to Teatro Romano di Ferento
- 34 minute drive to Tarquinia
- 35 minute drive to Bomarzo
- 45 minute drive to Parco Naturale Regionale Marturanum
- 56 minute drive to Vulci
- 60 minute drive to Cerveteri
- 43 minute drive to Mirage Beach
- 102 km to Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
- 144 km to Perugia San Francesco d'Assisi – Umbria International Airport (PEG)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 1 more
+ 1 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.