16th century roots overlooking the Val di Chiana
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 4 bathrooms
Find yourself at home in the rolling hills of Tuscany at Villa Lunablu. Parts of this luxury vacation rental near Montepulciano were first built in the 16th century, followed by updates in the 18th century, and the property still looks out over the timeless landscape from the Val de Chiana to Monte Cetona. Use the spacious private grounds and garden and five bedrooms as the setting for a quiet family reunion or an intimate destination wedding, or simply as a base to explore the region’s historic sites and world-famous vineyards.
Set at the end of a winding gravel road, the villa is surrounded by olive groves and gardens with mature cypress and pine trees. Its multiple levels open to three terraces that follow the gentle slope of the hillside location and feature al-fresco sitting and dining areas, as well as barbecues where you can prepare meals to enjoy outside. A path leads down to the pool area, where you’ll find an infinity pool, a deck with loungers, an outdoor shower and a bar, and a bocce court.
Though the traditional tiled roof, stone walls and shuttered windows of Villa Lunablu speak to the home’s history, the lovingly updated interiors ensure that guests with twenty-first-century expectations will stay in comfort. Cotto floors and brick-clad archways invite you to wander from the casual sitting room to the farmhouse-inspired table and chairs in the dining room. Two kitchens—one professional, one fully equipped and eat-in—make it easy to prepare and serve local specialties or family favorites.
Each of the villa’s five bedrooms has a double bed. Two have en-suite bathrooms, two share a bathroom, and one has access to a shared hall bathroom. Details like vaulted and beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and antique fireplace surrounds ground the bedrooms’ decor in centuries of Italian style, while large windows opening to the countryside are a constant reminder of the beautiful surroundings.
Whether you’re on holiday with family, enjoying an escape with friends, or on honeymoon, there’s plenty to do near Villa Lunablu. Make the 15-minute drive to the town of Cetona for a look at prehistoric and Bronze Age archaeological finds from the area, the 15-minute drive to the newer village of Piazze, or the 35-minute drive to stroll the picturesque, car-free streets of the hill town of Montepulciano. Tennis courts and a golf course are also within easy reach, and as you pass through the countryside, be sure to stop off at local producers and sample the region’s famous wines, olive oils, cheeses and honey.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Heating
- Bedroom 2: Double size bed (can be converted to 2 twin beds), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Heating, Accessible through bedroom 1 or from seperate entrance
- Bedroom 3 - Master: Double size bed (can be converted to 2 twin beds), Shared access to hall bathroom Shower/bathtub combo, Fireplace, Heating, Safe
- Bedroom 4: Double size bed (can be converted to 2 twin beds), Jack & Jill bathroom shared with bedroom 5, Shower/bathtub combo, Dual vanity, Desk, Heating
- Bedroom 5: Double size bed (can be converted to 2 twin beds), Jack & Jill bathroom shared with bedroom 4, Shower/bathtub combo, Dual vanity, Heating, Terrace
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Satellite television
- DVD player
- Air conditioning (at extra cost)
- Heating (at extra cost)
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing board
- Infinity swimming pool (heated with advance request, at additional cost)
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Alfresco shower
- Sun loungers
- Table tennis
- Boules court
- Pizza oven (usable only under the supervision of the staff)
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service 2 hours/day (Monday to Friday, 2pm to 4pm)
- Weekly change of linen on Saturday
- Towel change midweek and Saturday
- Final cleaning on Saturday
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Pool heating
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Extra housekeeping
- Laundry service
- Babysitting service
- Chef service
- Cost of food & beverages
- Internet usage
- Air conditioning consumption
- Heating consumption
Points of Interest
- 7 km to Cetona
- 3 km to Piazze
- 36 km to Montepulciano
- 35 km to Parco Regionale del Lago Trasimeno
- 8 km to Tennis court
- 32 km to Golf course
- 55km to Perugia
- 65 km to Perugia International Airport (PEG)
- 148 km to Florence International Airport (FLR)
Enter dates and number of guests to see the total trip price. Tourism taxes may be added.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
Ping pong table
+ 1 more
+ 6 more
Aeroporto Internazionale dell'Umbria - Perugia "San Francesco d'Assisi" - S.A.S.E. SpA
71 min drive
102 min drive
Points of Interest
6 min drive
14 min drive
Parco Del Lago Trasimeno
40 min drive
45 min drive
67 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.