Airbnb's Content Policy
By posting content on Airbnb, you agree to abide by this policy. We reserve the right to remove any content, in whole or part, that violates this policy, our Terms of Service, our Community Standards, our Review Policy, or for any other reason at our sole discretion.
In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate the account(s) in question.
You can report the content directly or contact us to report content that appears to violate this policy.
The following content is not allowed on Airbnb:
- Content created solely for the purpose of advertising or other commercial content, including company logos, links, or company names
- Spam, unwanted contact, or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is sexually explicit, violent, graphic, threatening, or harassing
- Content that is discriminatory (review our Nondiscrimination Policy for more info)
- Attempts to impersonate another person, account, or entity, including a representative of Airbnb
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Content that includes another person’s private or confidential information, including content that is sufficient to identify a listing’s location
Learn more about Airbnb's Content Policy and the Coronavirus.
The following are policy violations specific to a type of the content:
- Listing titles that include information irrelevant to the listing type, style, or experience
- Listing titles that include symbols or emojis
Listing or profile pages
- Listings and profiles that provide fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive information
- Content that is off-topic, doesn’t ask a question, or doesn’t offer knowledge in response to a question as part of a larger discussion
- Trolling or repeatedly targeting community members
- Reviews that are biased and exhibit indications of extortion/incentivisation, conflicts of interest, or direct competition
- Reviews that contain no relevant information about a Host or guest, listing, or experience may be removed. Reviews that contain mostly irrelevant information are also subject to removal, but only where the otherwise relevant information would not be expected to meaningfully inform the booking decisions of other community members.
- Additional content guidelines apply to the creation of custom URLs. Learn more about Airbnb’s Custom URL Policy.