What is Airbnb's Guest Refund Policy?
If you experience a travel issue that prevents you from being able to complete a trip with Airbnb, and you’re unable to resolve with your host, our Guest Refund Policy may be applied in certain circumstances.
Eligible travel issues
Situations that may be eligible for a refund under this policy generally fall into one of three categories:
- The host fails to provide reasonable access to the booked listing.
- The listing booked is misrepresented (ex: number of bedrooms, location, lacks promised amenities).
- The listing isn't generally clean, is unsafe, or there's an animal in the listing that wasn't disclosed prior to booking.
Airbnb will either provide you with a refund or use reasonable efforts to find and book you at another comparable accommodation for any unused nights left in your reservation. The amount of any refund will depend on the nature of the travel Issue suffered.
Submit a valid claim for refund
To submit a valid claim for your reservation, you are required to:
- Contact us within 24 hours of check-in to document the issue and place a hold on the host's payment. Include photographs or other evidence of the issue as part of your claim.
- Be responsive to our requests for additional information and cooperation.
- Not have directly or indirectly caused the Travel Issue.
- Have used reasonable efforts to remedy the circumstances of the Travel Issue with the host prior to making a claim, including messaging your host on Airbnb to notify them of the issue. We'll verify this in your account.
Review the Guest Refund Policy Terms for more details, including more information about the minimum quality standards for accommodation, and what qualifies as a travel issue.