Writing relevant and unbiased reviews
We want you to feel confident that the reviews you read on Airbnb are authentic, trustworthy and useful. Reviews are only helpful when reviewers accurately recount their experience and provide their honest opinions, whether positive or negative.
What we don’t allow
- Review manipulation: Attempting to influence a guest’s or Host’s review through threats or incentives has no place in our community.
- Competitor reviews: Established competitors of a specific Host may not leave a negative review with the intent to dissuade guests from booking that Host’s stay or Experience.
- Conflict of interest: Reservations created only to try to manipulate the review system with fake reviews and fake ratings are not allowed.
- Irrelevant or biased reviews: Reviews that are biased, retaliatory or don’t include relevant or helpful information may be removed.
- Violating content: Any other content that doesn’t follow Airbnb's Content Policy has no place in our community.
Learn more about Airbnb's Reviews Policy.
While these guidelines don’t cover every possible scenario, they’re designed to offer general guidance on Airbnb’s community policies.
- GuestIn consideration of all members of our community, we restrict certain content, whether online or at a stay or Experience.
- Reviews are a great way for Hosts and guests to give each other feedback. We’ve got info here about how and what you can share, and more.
- Certain guests staying in France may be exempt from the tourist tax or qualify for a reduced rate.