How do I book a frontline stay as a COVID-19 responder?
Airbnb hosts are offering healthcare staff and first responders places to stay that allow them to be close to their patients—and safely distanced from their own families during their active work assignments. These places are called frontline stays, and they’ve been specially prepared for COVID-19 responders. The criteria below describes who these stays are for and how to book a stay.
Eligibility for stays
To be eligible for a frontline stay on Airbnb, you should be actively doing COVID-19 support work in the following fields:
- First responder (ex: paramedic, police, firefighter)
- Medical professional (ex: doctor, physician, nurse, emergency medical technician/EMT, nurse’s aide, respiratory therapist, pharmacist, radiologist, x-ray technician)
- Civil protection (ex: social worker)
- Community health worker (ex: counselors, non-credentialed community health workers)
You should also be working in one of the following facility types while actively responding to COVID-19:
- Temporary hospitals and COVID-19 testing centers
- Clinics and urgent care centers
- Skilled nursing facilities and nursing homes
Your frontline stay also needs to be for one of the following reasons:
- You prefer to self-isolate (concerns about transmission to family or roommates)
- You commute to work and are working extended hours and need to be closer to an approved facility
- You’re an out-of-region worker on a temporary assignment
The following reasons are not supported for frontline stays:
- You’re symptomatic and need to self-isolate
- You need to quarantine for 14+ days
- You need a respite/vacation stay
- You want to permanently relocate
Booking a stay
If you meet the above criteria, go to our COVID-19 responder page and start your request. We’ll ask you to provide employment details and the type of accommodation you need (this should take about 5 minutes). You’ll need to log in to your Airbnb account to do this, or create a new Airbnb account if you don’t have one.
Here’s what to expect:
- After you submit your request, we’ll verify your info. If everything looks good, we’ll send you an email inviting you to browse available stays. If we are unable to verify your information, you'll be notified via email.
- Your reservation needs to start within 30 days of receiving your booking invitation. If you don't book a stay within 30 days of receiving the invitation, it will expire.
- Hosts are offering free and discounted stays. Free stays are limited to 30 days.
We have a team reviewing each submission and they will reach out to your reference or your organization to verify your employment. Given the large amount of requests, this can take some time. We know many of you are looking for housing as soon as possible—we aim to get back to you within 48 hours.
Note: If you are an organization that supports those who are working on the front lines of COVID-19, you can learn about how to partner with us.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- Make sure to book a listing that’s labeled as a “Frontline stay”
- Don’t make a reservation until you receive an invitation to book from us to ensure discounts are properly applied and you're booking a place for COVID-19 responders
The program is currently not accepting applications from COVID-19 responders in the following locations:
- Hawaii, USA
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Updated July 30, 2020. Please monitor this page for updates and new information.