If you have a problem or issue during your stay
Document the issue and message your Host
Remember that you have 72 hours to report any issue to your Host or to Airbnb from the time of discovery.
Here’s how to prepare:
- Document the issue: If possible, take photos or video to document issues like a missing or broken amenity.
- Message your Host: Your Host is your best point of contact if anything comes up during your stay. It’s likely that they’ll be able to help you fix the issue. You can message your Host directly from your inbox to let them know what’s going on.
- Ask for a refund: If you need to request a refund because of the issue, there’s a higher chance your Host will accept your request if you can agree on an amount first. Send a request to your Host for the refund in the Resolution Centre and provide the details of the issue along with the photos or video.
Get help from Airbnb
Though we always want Hosts and guests to work things out directly if they can, we know it’s not always possible. If your Host is unable to resolve the issue, doesn’t respond at all or declines your refund request, just let us know by clicking or tapping Get Help from the reservation page. Someone from our team will step in to help resolve the issue.
If we find it’s an issue that’s supported by AirCover for guests, we’ll help you find a similar place, depending on availability at comparable pricing. If a similar place isn’t available or you’d prefer not to rebook, we’ll give you a full or partial refund.
Note: In an emergency situation or if your personal safety is threatened, contact local police or emergency services immediately. If you’re unfamiliar with the phone numbers for local emergency services, you can find them in the Safety Centre in the Airbnb app. For concerns related to home sharing in your community, contact our Neighbourhood Support team. For any other safety issues, you can always reach us through our dedicated 24-hour Safety Line. Contact us by phone, email or chat.
- GuestEvery booking comes with AirCover for guests. If there’s a serious issue with your Airbnb that your Host can’t resolve, we’ll help you find …
- GuestOur Rebooking and Refund Policy can help cover situations when the listing or amenities are not what you expected.
- GuestPlease review our Rebooking and Refund Policy.