Social Connections shows you how you're connected to others, either directly or through mutual friends, depending on your Facebook privacy settings. It also highlights your Airbnb activity, which may include your username, Facebook profile photo, and recent locations you visited to your Facebook friends who are also on Airbnb.
To turn Social Connections on:
- Go to Profile on airbnb.com
- Select Trust and Verification on the left
- Next to Facebook, click Connect
To turn Social Connections off:
- Go to Privacy on airbnb.com
- Uncheck the box next to Share my activity with my Facebook friends that are also on Airbnb
- Click Save Social Connections
If you turn Social Connections off, your Airbnb account will still be connected to Facebook, but your Airbnb activity won't be shared with your Facebook friends on Airbnb. Your public Airbnb activity, such as Wish Lists you've created or reviews you've written, will still be shown to other people on Airbnb.
If you've enabled Social Connections but don't see any connections, it might be that your Facebook friends aren't active yet on Airbnb. Refer them to earn travel credits.