How do I book a pre-approval or special offer?
If you contact a host about their place to stay before requesting to book it, the host has the option to invite you to book in a couple of ways:
- Pre-approval: The host invites you to book for the dates and prices shown when you contacted the host
- Special offer: The host chooses a custom price (or other details) and invites you to book with the new details. You’ll have 24 hours to accept the special offer.
How it works
- Go to your Inbox
- Open the message with your host’s pre-approval or special offer
- Find the box that shows the details of your pre-approval or special offer and click Book now
- On the next page, click Reserve, then review your reservation details and your payment info
- Click Confirm and pay to complete your booking
Note: The special offer will be for the nightly rate, cleaning fees, and any extra guest fees, but it doesn’t include taxes, security deposit, or Airbnb service fee. You will get a detailed breakdown of the price before you finalise the booking.