Preparing to host
Both professionals and first-timers alike can always benefit from a little bit of prep. Here’s how to knock hosting out of the park and set yourself up for a great review.
Get your calendar in shape
Managing your calendar is a big part of hosting – it keeps things convenient for you and your guests.
- Sync other calendars and keep everything up to date so you only get trip requests when you’re available
- Set your pricing per night
- Set trip minimums/maximums
- Set when guests can check in and out
- Give yourself enough preparation time between reservations
- Airbnb can block your calendar if you haven’t provided all the information required for your account, so make sure everything's completed
Organise guest information
- If you want guests to verify ID before booking, make sure you’ve set that up
- Get to know guests beforehand by checking out their profiles or starting a conversation to set the tone for their stay
- Write check-in instructions and include contact information, wifi passwords, your neighbourhood guide, house rules, and any other information guests need to get settled in and comfortable
Prepare your place
- Consider self check-in to provide access if you’re not around
- Bulk-buy amenities to offer guests – soap, bottled water, or snacks are a good start
- Have a few extra sets of sheets and towels to hand so you don't have to wait on laundry
- Consider professional cleaning and management services – many Hosts include a cleaning fee to offset the cost
- How-to•HostPricing your listingYou can search for comparable listings in your city or neighbourhood to get an idea of market prices, but the price you charge is completely…
- How-to•HostAn introduction to Host AssistHost Assist is a collection of apps that can help you share your space with ease. These apps are offered by companies who have partnered wit…
- How-to•HostWhat should I consider when offering internet access to guests?If you add internet or wireless internet as an amenity, your listing will show when people search or filter for places with internet.